hey if in case you are still facing the issue,

You can use jenkins Editable Email Notification plugin and in advanced
settings you will have an option of failure-X where you can specify after
how many failures you need to send the email. Old versions of jenkins may
not be helping with this. So you can use the following PRESEND SCRIPT in
editable email-notification

try { //used try catch because NAGINATOR_COUNT will be a undefined property
for first build
cancel = true
if ($NAGINATOR_COUNT && $NAGINATOR_COUNT == 2) { //where after 2nd retry it
will trigger email
 cancel = false
}
} catch (e) {