Few methods which we employ to save on space is by using
1. any "post-build" for any job to delete job workspace if not needed.
2. Limit the number of job build logs to minimum - say around 2-4.
3. Install this disk usage plugin -
https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Disk+Usage+Plugin which helps
monitor.