It uses the default shell, yes - i.e., "sh -c ...", as you can see at
https://github.com/jenkinsci/durable-task-plugin/blob/c1ee6607c6939e8917762419c8474fecec06172c/src/main/java/org/jenkinsci/plugins/durabletask/BourneShellScript.java#L141-L165.
The actual content of the step, i.e., "ls -la" in "sh('ls -la')", though,
gets written to a file on the agent, and then that file is executed. So
"#!/bin/bash" should have done the trick...

A.