Can you add the encoding property:

checkstyle = scanForIssues reportEncoding='YOUR-ENCODING‘, ...

and replace YOUR-ENCODING with the encoding that is defined in the xml line of
your checkstyle results.xml file?

If this does not work, please create an issue in our issue tracker and attach
the XML file. (Or if it is confidential you may also send it via email).

> [...]
>       at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
>       at
>       at
> Finished: FAILURE
>

> On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 11:41 AM Ullrich Hafner <ullrich.haf...@gmail.com
> <mailto:ullrich.haf...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> This looks like an exception from one of the steps. Is there a stacktrace? If
> there is no result visible then this is due to an exception.
>
>> Am 30.10.2018 um 12:16 schrieb dean warren <dean.warren...@gmail.com
>> <mailto:dean.warren...@gmail.com>>:
>>
>> And also noted this for the same some, following emailing results
>>
>> 10:58:11 Sending e-mails to: ....
>> [Pipeline] }
>> [Pipeline] // node
>> [Pipeline] }
>> [Pipeline] // timestamps
>> [Pipeline] End of Pipeline
>> java.nio.charset.MalformedInputException: Input length = 1
>>

>> On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 11:15 AM dean warren <dean.warren...@gmail.com
>> <mailto:dean.warren...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Ahh... I am clearly a doofus 's' !
>> Sorry, you know what its like, doing one thing with left hand, something
>> else with other... and miss things.
>>
>> So now I see the following
>> 10:58:10 [CheckStyle] Searching for all files in
>> '/home/user/workspace/TG.integrate_jenkins_ci-TKKXRODLMWWUDKMVKENHFQYQ7E2ZP5QAC72HYNHV6PXXEX75DW2Q'
>>  that match the pattern '**/target/checkstyle-results.xml'
>> 10:58:10 [CheckStyle] -> found 1 file
>> 10:58:10 [CheckStyle] Successfully parsed file
>> /home/user/workspace/TG.integrate_jenkins_ci-TKKXRODLMWWUDKMVKENHFQYQ7E2ZP5QAC72HYNHV6PXXEX75DW2Q/target/checkstyle-results.xml
>> 10:58:10 [CheckStyle] -> found 2983 issues (skipped 0 duplicates)
>>
>> However the build now fails,I assume because of all of the checkstyle issues
>> (all 2983 of them!) - this is fine.
>>
>> But the checkstyle icon has dissapeared for this build.
>> e.g. a good build, but not finding the checkstyle file, so no build failure
>> and the checkstyle icons appear but with no warnings/errors.
>> <image.png>
>> But on the failed build the icons have dissappeared.
>> <image.png>
>> How do I view the checkstyle warnings/errors in Jenksin?
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 10:57 AM Ullrich Hafner <ullrich.haf...@gmail.com
>> <mailto:ullrich.haf...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>> You should see an info message in the snippet generator. The default (if
>> left empty) is '**/checkstyle-result.xml‘. Or you can view the JavaDoc
>> documentation (or documentation in
>> https://github.com/jenkinsci/warnings-ng-plugin/blob/master/doc/Documentation.md
>>
>> <https://github.com/jenkinsci/warnings-ng-plugin/blob/master/doc/Documentation.md>).
>>
>> Is your file called checkstyle-result.xml or checkstyle-result*s*.xml?
>>
>>> Am 30.10.2018 um 11:48 schrieb dean warren <dean.warren...@gmail.com
>>> <mailto:dean.warren...@gmail.com>>:
>>>
>>> Awesome, that works! Thanks guys.
>>>
>>> One last question... :) Where can I find info for the 'pattern' part of the
>>> e.g.
>>> def checkstyle = scanForIssues tool: [$class: 'CheckStyle'], pattern:
>>> '**/target/checkstyle-result.xml'
>>> <https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/checkstyle-result.xml'>
>>>
>>> As my resutls are created in the dersired place (I can see them), but
>>> scanForIssues isn't finding the checkstyle-results.xml (I think)
>>> i.e.
>>> [CheckStyle] [ERROR] No files found for pattern