We have that problem all the time. IMHO the JNLP connectivity to the master is
not robust enough to be used.

I have tried setting up the agent connection as a service per the Jenkins doc,
but it still cannot survive momentary network or performance outages. The only
way that I have managed to get this machine consistent, is to reboot the
Windows machine and the service will shortly re-establish connectivity. JNLP
connections are just-plain defective.