For situations where it is reasonable, I agree with Slide’s recommendation: #1
Launch agents via ssh

It’s a good implementation, fairly straightforward,  and I think it leads to
better reliability and fewer broken connections. I don’t have any data on that,
though, so I’d also love to hear from others with experience using the
different mechanisms.

Jeff Thompson