I have an upstream component, libraryA, I build, archive, and deploy via a
Maven job, jobA. This works great. I have a downstream Maven job, jobB,
that has a dependency on libraryA. This also works great, except…

I have a completely separate pipeline job, pipelineA specified by
Jenkinsfile. Within that Jenkinsfile, I build a specific branch of libraryA
I don’t want archived or deployed. In my Jenkinsfile I have
“withMaven(mavenLocalRepo: ‘libraryA/.repository’, publisherStrategy:
‘EXPLICIT’)”, and inside that, “sh “””[…]mvn clean package
sonar:sonar[…]””” (Any typos here are probably the fault of my typing here
as I did not copy-paste. There are no errors from Jenkins when executing
these steps.) I have also tried “options: [artifactsPublisher(disabled:
true)]” in place of “publisherStrategy: ‘EXPLICIT’” and had the same
results. I have verified when pipelineA builds libraryA, it does NOT get
deployed to my remote Maven repository, and I expect it not to get deployed
there. Good.

So, what happens?

Well, if I build pipelineA followed by jobB, jobB gets its copy of libraryA
from pipelineA, causing the build to fail. If I then run jobA, jobB
succeeds as expected.

I could change the version of libraryA in the branch pipelineA builds, but
I’d rather not do that as it’s not correct for my particular use case. What
else could I do? What did I miss? (I do not admin this Jenkins instance, so
my access is limited in that respect.)