I have multibranch job, whole pipeline runs on certain node.

Currently I have a slaves with single executor, so multiple jobs cannot run
on the same node. I'd like to use parallel steps inside my pipeline, so I
need to increase number of executors.

What is the best way to prevent concurrent job execution?

Such configuration was trivial with Jenkins freestyle job and Throttling
plugin - I simple used "Maximum Concurrent Builds Per Node". But in
pipeline it seems that I cannot use "throttle" for whole pipeline, I need
to use it for each step. Is there more elegant solution?

TIA, Vitaly