After updating Jenkins with plugins from early April 2018, I'm seeing
inconsistent failures in my pipelines' calls to MSBuild which I cannot
reproduce outside of Jenkins. It occurs in both powershell and bat steps.

The error presents as

0>MSBUILD : error MSB4166: Child node "14" exited prematurely. Shutting down
. Diagnostic information may be found in files in the temporary files
directory named MSBuild_*.failure.txt.

There is no such extra information file. This looks a bit like an interrupt
to me, is there a way I can reproduce how Jenkins sends interrupts so I can
verify that?
Are there any advanced durable task debugging techniques I could use to
find out what could be causing an interrupt or something else?