Hello,

I've setup a Jenkins server on SuSE Linux SLES12 and have the jobs in:

$ ls -l /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/
total 12
drwxr-xr-x 3 jenkins jenkins 4096 Feb 23 00:00 Jerome_Head
drwxr-xr-x 3 jenkins jenkins 4096 Feb 28 01:00 Statistic-Installation-Job-V7.0
drwxr-xr-x 3 jenkins jenkins 4096 Feb 28 01:00 TPv70-nightly-build
$ ls -l /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/TPv70-nightly-build/config.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 jenkins jenkins 3162 Feb 27 11:40
/var/lib/jenkins/jobs/TPv70-nightly-build/config.xml

I'd like to edit the jobs with the normal editor in Linux, esp. the
sometimes complex build step script written in shell or perl, and have all
this, at least the config.xml file of each of my 50 jobs, under SVN version
control.

After modifying any jobs config.xml, the Jenkins server process must be
restarted to get the changes in effect (and visible in the browser
interface). Is there any other way to inform Jenkings about the change
and let it reload the modified job config?

Thanks

        matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ g...@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045