Say you want JobA to trigger JobB

On JobA's pipeline code do

build job: JobB, parameters: [string(name: 'PARAMETER_NAME', value:
'PARAMETER_VALUE')], wait: false

The 'wait' parameter indicates if you want JobB to finish before JobA does
(true), or JobA to finish even before JobB does (false).

Jenkins has built-in environment variables that you can pass around between
jobs, or you can pass any of JobA's variables to JobB.

Chris