Hi,

I use jenkins and slack and have jenkins correctly sending builds to slack
(non-pipeline, traditional project).

But sometimes we go for very long times between builds.

So I would like the best practice, with the least alteration (or no
alteration) to my jenkins server.

So far I have seen a python program requiring pip and python library
slacker and base64, etc. which changes the server too much.

There is also the groovy/build-pipeline business of slackSend but that's
pipeline.

As everything in jenkins slack plugin is project/build oriented, I see no
"send a slack message every hour to a given channel", to ensure
that there is connectivity.

Anyone know if there is something other than the above approach?

Thanks.

--Stuart