unfortunately there is no quick answer.
I have seen much bigger instances work flawlessly with 4GB and much smaller
instances need 32GB.

the big difference is on what plugins you have installed, especially around
report visualisation / transformation and if you are using pipelines that you
are following best practices and not putting build logic into the pipeline bit
only flow.

as with any service in production I would recommend a monitoring service that
shows you the pods consumed memory / CPU and JVM heap / off heap memory along
with GC logs and tune based on your actual workload.
with k8s I would recommend that you specify a request and limit for CPU and
memory to avoid any suprises, the memory will need some headroom o we what
Jenkins itself uses as it will often spawn processes for SCM integration /
polling