Multibranch pipelines assume that you want to build all branches that
include a Jenkinsfile any time the notification is received through
notifyCommit or through a Web Hook.  If you do not want one or more
branches built on multibranch pipelines, you'll need to exclude them.  The
Basic Branch Build Strategies plugin (
https://github.com/jenkinsci/basic-branch-build-strategies-plugin/blob/master/docs/user.adoc)
provides many branch selection options.