Hi,
we use vSphere cloud plugin and some hints to help you debug:
1) go to the Jenkins log and check any error there
Some errors we had in the past:
- typo in the node label and the clone never started
- clone started but it was failing due to permission errors in vSphere (the
user is not able to do the action, test connection only check that you can
connect ... not all permission needed)

2) go to the vCenter and check that the VM is actually created; we had
issues with the VM not being powered on or wrong networking into the
template

3) go to the "Nodes" on Jenkins and check that the node appears there

4) go to the Node page and check any logs for any error