jeremy mordkoff:

> otherwise....there is actually nothing that says the build
> has to use the workspace checked out by jenkins.

Well, I can't seem to set up an external directory in the
`checkout' step. The option `local' (named "Local module
directory") is required to point to a subdirectory of the
workspace. I can I make it point to C:\JenkinsSvnWorkdir ?

> I suspect your predecessor had extra workspaces that he
> reused for every build. Have you found these so you know
> they exist?

Yes, the Jenkins MSBuild plugin was set up to use a global
directory for checkout.