On 9/2/2020 10:56 PM, Dan Mick wrote:

We're using the GitHub plugin extensively, and have push webhooks set up for triggering lots of builds.

I'm now looking at trying to use the github-supplied email address for the github user that pushed the change; this is available in the json payload of the webhook as "pusher.email" (there is also a pusher.name field that contains just the github username, and this is shown in various places in the UI from the GitHub plugin).

I can't see anything in the GitHub plugin that parses this info, which may be the root of the problem (or it could be that I'm just missing it; Java is not my first language).  I'm not clear enough on the structure of plugins to know if that plugin is the only one that ever processes the webhook payload from github or not.  I can't see any reference to it in the email-ext plugin or the Mailer plugin documentation either.

Does anyone know how to extract and use that email address in a plugin or combination of plugins?

Anyone? I've tried and failed to figure out where to submit feature requests for the plugin, even. Tried emailing one of the prime contributors, no response.

I know there is a getEmail() method to use, but I don't know how plugins can add to the existing job environment; it's just beyond my Java abilities.