I started to do that.  But first, you reminded me to check that plugin to
ensure it was up to date. It wasn't.  But updating it didn't fix the
issue.  Rather than monkey with my team jenkins I loaded up a docker run
jenkins locally - and installed the plugin from plugin manager (not the
pre-release), and it worked fine.  The log pops up in front and you can
read it.

So going that route, I can't replicate the bug I found on my team system.
It's running Jenkins 2.235.5, though I see that Jenkins 2.249.1 is
available (that's the version my docker v is running).  I should probably
update to that version first and see if that fixes it.