Jenkins 2.277.1 modernizes the configuration form handling to use HTML div
markup for layout instead of using HTML table markup for layout.  The
changes are described in the Jenkins 2.277.1 webinar
<https://youtu.be/jvgtRXGcyOM> and its slides
<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1NwoMJBixZsZiZbhNRXtc7bszWHn48m3bzMy9DFoUCXw/edit?usp=sharing>
.

As part of the Jenkins 2.277.1 changelog
<https://www.jenkins.io/changelog-stable/#v2.277.1> and upgrade guide
<https://www.jenkins.io/doc/upgrade-guide/2.277/#upgrading-to-jenkins-lts-2-277-1>,
the following steps are recommended:

   - Remove unused plugins from your installation
   - Remove deprecated plugins from your installation (like the findbugs
   plugin, the DRY plugin, the checkstyle plugin, the Visual Studio Team
   plugin, etc.)
   - Remove plugins with security vulnerabilities from your installation
   (like the TFS plugin)
   - Update your plugins to the latest releases (this assures that the
   latest authentication plugins are installed before the Jenkins version
   upgrade)
   - Upgrade your Jenkins version
   - Upgrade your plugins to the latest releases (get the latest plugin
   releases for the new Jenkins installation)

If that set of steps does not resolve the issue, then consult the list
of plugins
with known tables to divs issues
<https://issues.jenkins.io/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=20741>.
Uninstall any of those plugins or volunteer to adopt those plugins and
provide the necessary fixes for them.

If all those steps still do not resolve the issue, then open a bug report
at https://issues.jenkins.io with ALL THE INFORMATION REQUESTED AT "How to
report a bug"
<https://www.jenkins.io/participate/report-issue/#Howtoreportanissue-Creatingtheissue>
including
the Jenkins version and the *names and versions* of all installed plugins.
Forgive my shouting, but the common practice seems to be to submit an issue
"this is not working" without enough information to allow others to help.
Days later, the submitter updates the bug report with the necessary
information and hopes someone will help them.

Please don't open the bug report until you've completed all the preceding
steps.

Mark Waite