> Am 12.10.2021 um 22:40 schrieb Cristian Morales Vega
> <christian.morales.v...@gmail.com>:
>
> In a multibranch pipeline I noticed that the first job in a branch
> always has an empty list of "changes" (i.e.
> https://<jenkins_server>/job/<job>/1/changes).
> https://plugins.jenkins.io/git/#changelog-extensions mentions a
> "Calculate changelog against a specific branch" option, but I can't
> find it anywhere. Where is it?

This option is available in the Git plugin configuration of a pipeline or
freestyle job. I think it is (not yet?) available in a GitHub branch source, I
don’t know why it is missing there. Maybe it would be helpful to create a
feature request?

> But actually I'm not even sure that's
> what I want, shouldn't the "Changes" use the "Reference build" from
> the Forensics API (https://plugins.jenkins.io/git-forensics/)?

The forensics plugin actually knows those changes but does not render them in
the UI. (The Git plugin actually records the ChangeLog and renders them. But
the Git plugin does not know the concept of a reference build so far. I’m not
sure if there is an API so that I can show those changes in my forensics plugin
by using the UI of the Git plugin)