> Am 18.10.2021 um 10:43 schrieb Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenas...@gmail.com>:
>
> Hi all,
>
> To whomever sees this thread, please see Bringing Blue Ocean into the future
> of Jenkins
> <https://cd.foundation/blog/2021/09/02/bringing-blue-ocean-into-the-future-of-jenkins/>
>  by Tim Jacomb. Taking the state of BlueOcean that has not changed much over
> the past two years, I suggest making the Pipeline Graph View Plugin an
> official path for Jenkins.
>
> Under that, I mean:
> Add "Pipeline Graph View Plugin" to the Jenkins Roadmap, in the preview or
> released status
> Add "Pipeline Graph View Plugin" to the list of the recommended Jenkins
> plugins in the plugin installation manager
+1
> Remove Blue Ocean from the list of recommended plugins in Jenkins
> TBD: Announce the future plan to double down on consolidating Blue Ocean
> features in Jenkins and then deprecating Blue Ocean
Since we have nobody working on UI improvements anymore it does not make sense
for me to announce a future plan. We already have a plan on our web page (which
is as obsolete as the Blue Ocean plan). In my opinion Jenkins UI Development is
at a dead end in the moment (Except Cliffs’ and Tims' tremendous work in
getting the pipeline view ported back to classic Jenkins UI).
> TBD: Create tasks for replacing Jenkins newcomer user documentation that
> related on Blue Ocean
> Note that there are still gaps in Jenkins features, e.g. Visual Declarative
> Pipeline Editor is available only in Blue Ocean. Probably it is too early to
> announce deprecation of Blue Ocean, but we need to make a decision at some
> point.

Hmm, for me Blue Ocean is deprecated since 2 years. I wonder why we still use
it as the default view in ci.jenkins.io <http://ci.jenkins.io/> even though we
know that it is dead since two years now.