I'm not sure if I understood correctly what user branches of the CICD mean
in this particular case, can you clarify it?
Some other questions:
- Are the master and CICD branches part of the same projectA?
- If so, how do users interact with the project?

As far as I see the upstream trigger option allows to listen for changes in
some other projects.

Will it work if you split two pipelines instead?

*Pipeline for the master branch *

or even a multibranch pipeline if needed, then you can exclude  the CICD
branch to be built.

*Pipeline for the branch CICD*

or event a multibranch pipeline if needed, then you can exclude everything
but the CICD branch.

    triggers {
      upstream("projectA/master'")
    }