Hi,

I am building and testing a C/C++ application on Windows with jenkins using
declarative pipeline and a bit of scripts in a library.
I am using these tools:
cppcheck
googletest
robotframework
ranorex
I am using warnings-ng for the compiler warnings, taskscanner and cppcheck
and I am pretty happy with the output and results display of these part.
I am using the robotframework plugin for the robotfamework output. Well,
it's a little different with a different style but all-in-all a good
display with everything you need: everything in one place, good integration
with all information provided by robotframework.
My worst problem results from the unittests and ranorex as I only found the
xunit plugin to read the input.
First issue:
the xunit test results are located far away from all the other outputs at
the very bottom of the job display. Even below the job list.
Second issue: I'd like to separate results of Unit-Tests and acceptance
tests but did not find a way (yet?). xUnit is mixing all tests in one big
list. When I step into a test, I only have the name of the step that
executed the test.
Third issue: for Ranorex I'd like to have the pdf report as part of the
test result as well. At the moment it's far away in the artifacts without
any direct link (or embedded like with robotframework).

Any recommendations how I can improve that situation? Is there a way to
realize some of these ideas:
- customize position of a plugin output in the job view
 - split display of xunit test results per tool?

What about the ranorex plugin itself? I do have a number of ranorex test
executables and these are called by a script from the build system. I do
not want to replicate a list in jenkins scripts. That's why I don't like to
use the ranorex plugin here.

Thanks for reading up to here and many thanks in advance for any advice!
Regards,
Christoph