On Monday, December 4, 2023 at 1:40:26 PM UTC-7 Eric wrote:

Hi All!  I have a project that I am unable to make changes to.  I can't
even make a comment in a field then save it down.  I can't even save it
down without a comment.  It throws up a screen saying "Oops!  A problem
occurred while processing a request."  Not sure where the physical log is,
it's not in /var/log/jenkins/jenkins.log.  So I go to Manage Jenkins/System
Log/All Jenkins Logs.  It has a big stack trace for the attempted save,
I'll paste it below.  Any idea what my issue is?  Thanks!

Error while serving http://ipAddress:8080/job/ProjectName/configSubmit
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The frontend sent an unexpected list of
classes

That almost always means that one or more of the plugins that are active on
your system has not been updated for the configuration form modernization
that happened in Jenkins 2.277.1.

You'll need to find and remove the plugins that have not been updated.  A
detailed guide is available
at https://community.jenkins.io/t/migrating-jenkins/894/5

Mark Waite