Hi,

I am using the Jenkins Debian packages from

    https://pkg.origin.jenkins.io/debian/

to install, and update Jenkins. In general, I'm quite happy with that.
There is one exception, though:

My setup requires changing of two environment variables, JENKINS_PORT, and
JAVA_HOME. Right now, I have configured those by editing jenkins.service.
In other words, I am advising systemd to set the proper values.

The problem with that: Any update of Jenkins (of which there are quite a
few, thankfully) replaces the jenkins.service file, thus overwriting my
changes. In other words: After each update, I need to reapply my changes to
jenkins.service.

Is there any better location for those values, that survives updates?

Thanks,

Jochen