I think Vanmoerkerke Frederik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to try running an applet. The compiling has no problem but when i try to run
> it in Internet Explorer as an applet, it gives me the following error.
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: jess/JessException
>  at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
>  at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:1576)
>  at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:1748)
>  at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:266)
>  at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:249)
>  at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(AppletPanel.java:548)

> I've already set the classpath good because everything else for jess works.

Note that the CLASSPATH has nothing to do with running applets in IE
(or any other browser) -- all the applet's code is expected to be
available from the location indicated in the HTML file in which it's
embedded.

Deploying an applet isn't rocket science, but it can be tricky for the
uninitiated. The important details aren't in this code, but in the
HTML file you're using, and in the layout of the files you've placed
on the Web server. Without those details, I can't tell you what you're
doing wrong.