From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 3:47 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: JESS: Jess hanging on 'modify'

I think David Ash wrote:

> I'm having trouble in that Jess seems to sometimes (frequently
> enough to make it hard to use) hang when I do a 'modify' of a fact.
> There is no error message or anything-it just hangs.  Any ideas what
> might be causing this?

If you're doing this from a multithreaded Java program, it may be a
deadlock issue. If so, make sure you're running the latest version of
Jess, as there have been patches to prevent deadlocks in the past. A
"Control-Break" on Windows or "Control-\" on UNIX will give you a
stack dump that would be helpful in diagnosing the problem.