Hi,
I am new to this list. I had a few questions regarding jess that were confusing me.
I was wondering if someone could help me out. I am using the book JESS IN ACTION

1> The author says to add jess.jar to the CLASSPATH to start jess. I have windows xp and so I added "C:\jess61p4\jess.jar" to the Path variable.
Then the author says to start jess with the command
C:\> java jess.Main

well i do that but my system throws me a classnotfoundexception jess/Main
I even tried adding C:\jess61p4 to the Path. I even made a CLASSPATH variable and added that, but I can only start using
java -classpath jess.jar jess.Main

Can anyone explain that?

2> I am trying to use jess with java beans as shown in chapter 6. I created a DimmerSwitch.java class, compiled it, but .class file on the Path...so
C:\temp\DimmerSwitch.class on the Path but it still throws me a Class Not Found Exception.

3> Also I cannot run those examples in the jess\examples\pumps directory. The minute I start up pumps.clp, it throws me an error saying that the java Tank class is not found.

I am pretty confused right now. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Matt~

Do you Yahoo!?