I have kind of a strange question; hope it makes sense.

I would like to 'mirror' one Jess process with another by populating
the second process-- perhaps progressively-- with information from the
first.  Then, I'd like to be able to stop the first process, tell the
second one to run, and have it pick up where the first
left off.

Suppose I do NOT want to use bsave/bload for this.
That is, I'd like an approach where I can effectively load 'declarative'
information only, such as the rule and fact base (not the serialized
runtime state) to create this 'mirror'.

In general, it does not seem like this will work very well.  Without
maintaining the Rete net's refraction information from the first
process, rules will fire 'again' in the 'mirror' process once its run
cycle starts.
(Of course it can be possible to alleviate some refiring issues by being
careful with the rule & fact representation, but that gets tricky in
general and I don't want to assume it).

Perhaps one way to approach this is to configure the mirror process
to run in a 'non-action' mode during the mirroring process -- that is, to
'fire' triggered rules WITHOUT executing their actions, as new facts
are added to its fact base during mirroring, so as to keep its
refraction information up to date.
Does this seem like a feasible approach?
Would it be a relatively straightforward modification to the
Jess code on my part to support something like this?

Alternatively, does anyone have any other suggestions for how to
accomplish this kind of thing? (aside from "just use bsave" :).

           thanks,
           Amy