I'm brand new to Jess (using 50a6) and couldn't find a related example or
specific reference in the manuals.

Is it possible to make Jess retract facts that were asserted by a rule a
rule is no longer true?   In the example below, I expected (foo far) to be
automatically retracted since the fact that caused it to be asserted is no
longer true, that was not the case.   Can Jess do this without having to
write a rule to specifically retract the fact, if so how?   I could write
the converse rule to look for (foo far) and retract it when (foo bar)
doesn't exist but that seems like unnecessary work.

Thanks in Advance,
John Moore

Example:

(defrule foo-is-bar