Indeed. The vector that's being malindexed ( (__data () -1) ) is the
vector contained by the standard deftemplate for ordered facts (an
ordered fact is stored as an unordered fact with a single multislot
named __data; the () is the default value (the empty list) and the -1
is the data type (unknown)). Although fact #195 has this default
ordered deftemplate, it apparently contains more than one slot, since
when (facts) calls Fact.toString() to print the fact out,
Fact.toString() tries to access the name of the second slot, which
would be at offset 3 within the deftemplate; hence the failure.

So most likely what you've done is created an ordered fact, but stored
the slot data as a series of separate slots, instead of as a single
multislot. This representation is mentioned in the manual in several
places, one of which is in section 4.7, "The jess.Fact class."