De : [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]De
la part de Mona Marathe
Envoye : jeudi 26 avril 2001 08:38
A : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Objet : JESS: Error while creating new Rete() object from a servlet

Hello!

        We are new to using Jess. We have been trying to create a GUI for a
Jess-based application using a servlet. The Jess-based application is
written in Java and imports the Jess classes. For initial testing we had
written a main() function and tested it out simply. While integrating the
class (which creates a new Rete() object) with a servlet we got an initial
error at the stage
        Rete a = new Rete();
        Tracing through the error we discovered that the Batch function cannot
find the file LIBRARY_NAME = "jess/scriptlib.clp". The file is very much
there. The problem is that the environment cannot figure out the right
path. Obviously some Jess-specific environment variable needs to be
set. Could anyone tell us what it is?

Thank you

in the BODY of a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED], NOT to the
list (use your own address!) List problems? Notify
[EMAIL PROTECTED]