I think James Patterson wrote:
> I am experimenting with the JessEvent and JessListener classes. I was
> wondering why there is no JessEvent.HALT event? Obviously it is import to
> signal any listeners that a reset or clear was called, but I believe it would
> be equally important to notify that the engine is stopping.

A good suggestion, thanks. Expect to see it implemented.

> I was also
> wondering how to generate the JessEvent.RUN event. Specifically, I would
> assume that a call with (run) or (runUntilHalt) would fire such an event but I
> can't seem to generate one (and my mask does include the JessEvent.RUN).  Does
> anyone have any advice/experience?

There is an enumerated constant JessEvent.RUN, but as far as I can
recall, Jess has never actually sent an event when run() is
called. This is just an oversight on my part -- it's an easy thing to
do that could be useful. Again, thanks for the excellent suggestion.

> Thanks,
> James

Distributed Systems Research        Phone: (925) 294-2154
Org. 8920, MS 9012                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PO Box 969                  http://herzberg.ca.sandia.gov
Livermore, CA 94550