Hi,

I want to be able to have a rule that
handles wild cards. I can handle the
simple case of matching Bo* or *ob, using
the ?: with a call to startsWith or endsWith.
But how can I handle the case of *Bob*?
It says in the jess manual that the ?: matches
on a TRUE value(which these first two do),
and the ?= will match if the return value of the
call is equal to the variable. I was thinking I
could use String.indexOf() to see if the string1
is a substring of string2, but that will return an
int that is the index, or -1 if no match.
How can I use this -1 in my defrule? Or is there
a better or another way?

Thanks,
Bob Stewart