>From Java you should use

        new Value(RU.ATOM, "TRUE")

for true, and

        new Value(RU.ATOM, "FALSE")

for false. As a shortcut, there are constants Funcall.TRUE and
Funcall.FALSE in the jess.Funcall class.

Note also that String constants in Java (and in Jess) use double
quotes, not single quotes.

I think Mahesh Gandhe wrote:

> hi ,
>
> I am writing the java code for the method so that
>
> the method could be invoked in the command line in jess.
>
> The code is as follows
>
> import jess.*;
> import java.lang.*;
>
> public class GreaterThan implements Userfunction
>  {
>    public String getName() { return "my-upcase";}
>    public Value call (ValueVector vv ,Context context) throws JessException
>     {
>
>          Boolean ret = new Boolean (true);
>          return new Value (ret,'TRUE');
>      }
>
> }
> }
>
> During compilation it giving error stating that 'TRUE' is not a data type.
>
> can some body tell me how to construct the new JessValue object of
>
> type java.lang.Boolean.
>

> Regards,
>
> Mahesh G.

Distributed Systems Research        Phone: (925) 294-2154
Org. 8920, MS 9012                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PO Box 969                  http://herzberg.ca.sandia.gov
Livermore, CA 94550