Vikram,
If all you want are some set of facts that are not removed upon reset, then
see the Jess manual about 'deffacts' and 'definstance'.
Only facts that are asserted using the (assert <>) function are removed
during a reset.  Facts input using the (deffacts <name> <fact1>
<fact2> ...) are removed during a reset, but are reasserted automatically.
'Definstance' facts are also reasserted upon reset.

If you need a rule to assert a "persistent" fact, the easiest way is to
define a java bean which you can 'definstance' on the fly.
If you can say what exactly are you trying to accomplish, I'm sure Ernest or
the many readers of this users group can suggest a solution.

Richard Long
Senior Software Developer
Gestalt-LLC
227 N. Magnolia Ave.