I think Villanueva, Ruben wrote:
>   When I try to modify a fact created from a definstance of a Java
> bean that has property change support the fact does not get modified
> right away if the defistance function was called with the static
> parameter.

Yes, by definition. That's how it's supposed to work.

> My understaing is that the modify functionMop is suppose to modify a
>  fact directly whether the fact was created with property support or
> not.

Well, no. When you use (modify) on a shadow fact, the properties of
the Bean are changed, and Jess relies on propertyChangeEvents() to
then be sent to modify the fact. If you've used static, then there are
no such events, so the shadow fact isn't updated until you call
(reset).

Distributed Systems Research        Phone: (925) 294-2154
Org. 8920, MS 9012                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PO Box 969                  http://herzberg.ca.sandia.gov
Livermore, CA 94550