Hi,

I have a Java method that I want to call from Jess like this

(call ?obj someMethod "some string" (get ?obj someslot) nil)

So calling the method with mixed parameters, where nil is possible. Now
the problem is how does the Java method have to look like, so that Jess
can find a method to call, because usally the error from Jess is

no method overloading for someMethod can call with these arguments (call
?obj someMethod "some string" (get ?obj someslot) nil)

Then I tried to have

public void someMethod(ValueVector args)
public void someMethod(Value[] args)
public void someMethod(Object[] args)
public void someMethod(String[] args)

But in no case Jess would really want to call the method.
This is a similar problem to the multislot getter issue that I have
posted already twice where the question is when does Jess match a
multislot if the getter looks like

public ValueVector getSomeSlot()
public Value[] getSomeSlot()
public Object[] getSomeSlot()