I think Ruetzel, Andreas wrote:

> Executing this command: getRete().executeCommand(" (facts) ")
> Throws an exception   Nomethodnamed'hasMoreElements'found
> What can be the cause for this?

(facts) is implemented as a deffunction in jess/scriptlib.clp . The
Java methods that (facts) calls have changed across various Jess
versions. Is it possible that you're inadventently using an older copy
of scriptlib.clp with a newer copy of Jess? In particular, the old
implementation needed to call java.util.Enumeration.hasMoreElements()
while the newer one calls java.util.Iterator.hasNext(), which sounds
like the cause of the error you're seeing.

>                       if ( !(tfin5.getText().compareTo("")== 0) &&
> !(tfin6.getText().compareTo("")== 0 )){

Just curious: why not use 'tfin5.getText().equals("")' ? Less typing,
and clearer code, as well.

>                       getRete().executeCommand(" (reset) ");

Or equivalently, getRete().reset() .

> // tried to retract facts with functions
> // after that with rules, but every time I run this command
> // one fact more remains

You don't show the functions, but it looks like you have two
functions, just like you have two rules, each of which intended to
retract one class of fact. Given that you've called "(reset)", there
will also be an "(initial-fact)" fact in working memory -- is this the
"extra" one that you can't get rid of?