Hello..

I have redirected the System.out in a Java program to create a console
for Jess. I have a small problem though with some of the build-in
commands.

When I execute the (facts)-command, the output is immediately flushed to
the output router. When I call the (agenda)-command, I have to flush the
output myself by calling (printout t). Is this intended behaviour, or
should the output from calling (agenda) be flushed as well?

In general, I do not think that the commands in Jess behave in a logical
way compared to their intended purpose/naming. For example comparing the
following commands:

(agenda)
Returns nothing.
Prints to STDOUT, but does not flush.

(facts)
Returns TRUE.
Prints to STDOUT, and flushes.

(ppdeffunction) (and the other pp-commands)
Returns a String.
Does not print to STDOUT, but is named pp - as in "pretty PRINT" (it
should print, right?)

I apologize, if I have missed a point here - I was just curious.

Kind regards,
Morten Vigel