Hi All,

yeah i am sorry i didnt give you all the details.

i have a fact :

(list-of-names (names john ronnie mark pat meg cindi))
which is defined from the template

(deftemplate list-of-names (multislot names))

and another fact:
(person (name Bob))

I have a rule:
(defrule matches-names
(list-of-names (names $? ?var1 $?))
(person (name ?var1))
=> (printout t ?var1 crlf))

As per the given facts this rule wont fire.

What i am trying to do is find out all values of ?var1
that were matched with in pattern (list-of-names) on
the rule LHS. I want to access the values of ?var1
from java so that i can then print the rule with
variable values substituted in it which i think would
make easier figuring out why this rule didnt fire.
(hence had put the subject line as debugger for jess)

thnx,