Hello!

I would like to run some tests with my existing rule base to check the
performance under different conditions.  My understanding of the Rete
algorithm is that its efficiency is inversely proportional to the number
of changes in the knowledge base.  With this in mind, I would like to
see the degradation of performance as an increasing number of facts are
modified/retracted/asserted.  I was wondering what the best practice was
for doing these kind of speed benchmarks.  This code will be embedded in
a Java application which is responsible for altering the knowledge base.
I would like to see the time for each iteration of the loop, as well as
the overall elapsed time.  Is there a way isolate just the JESS
performance to separate it from the Java execution?  Forgive me naivety,
I have never tried to do speed testing before!  ( When I tried to do
something like:
( bind ?last-time ?time )
 DO OTHER THINGS
( bind ?time ( time ) )