Hi All,

As a follow up to my last questions on events, I did try another approach
which also mysteriously doesn't work, but seems logical.  I figured that I'd
just use store() to put a reference to the Log4J logger object in Jess like
so:

engine.store("logger", this.logger)  // there was a private field holding
the logger not shown

Then, I wrote a deffunction around calling that logger like this:

(deffunction MAIN::log-info (?message)
  (bind ?logger (fetch logger))
  (if (not (eq ?logger nil)) then
  (call ?logger info (str-cat "jess: " ?message))))

Then, I figured that in order to log messages all I had to do was to call
that function from the RHS of any rule like:

(defrule log-foo
  (foo)
=>
(MAIN::log-info "Some message to log")

Alas, no such luck.  The rule activates and fires, but no message comes
through.  Seems like this should work.  What am I missing?
-JM

Jason Morris
Morris Technical Solutions
[EMAIL PROTECTED]