Hello Ernest,

>>>Here's where the problem lies. The one-engine/one-user architecture is
>>>inherently inefficient. The simplest change that would improve things
>>>would be to still use one engine per user, but as you suggest, cache
>>>the engines with the rules loaded. A "(reset)" before each user would
>>>be much cheaper than recompiling the Rete network.

>>How can i cache the engine with the rules loaded?
>>Do you mean the jess-commands "bload" and "bsave"?

You answered:

>By "engine" we mean a single instance of the jess.Rete class. You can
>create as many instances of this class as you wish, and load each one
>with rules. They'll all be completely independent.

I was thinking about the following situation:
- I have a lot of users and each one is working with the same big set of rules.
- I have a one-engine/one-user architecture (I know this is not the best idea)

To save time for building the rete network each time,
I'd like to cache the engine state with the rules already loaded as you said before ...

Thanx !!

Marcus