I think Judson, Ross wrote:
> Ah...the $? ?id $? syntax was exactly what I needed...not sure where
> that is in the documentation :)
>  And somebody has my copy of the Jess book at the moment.

You really have to read between the lines, actually. This is on the
list of things to expand on further in the next version of the manual.

> Thanks, Ernest!  Is Jess _efficient_ for this?  If I have a multislot,
> will it do a direct lookup of
> each value, or will it check every object's id against the multislot?

There will be an index on that slot, and so if there are many obj's,
then won't all be checked against the content of the multislot. But
multislots aren't the most efficient thing in Jess. I wish I could
think of a better way overall to handle them, but so far I haven't.