I think that PierceJ wrote:

>>It's obvious then you must define your classes to Jess before loading the
rules.
Indeed.  Glad that you figured it out.  I'm a big fan of self-reliance.

>>I regularly use the command line, Web references & forum, and have
practically wore the cover off my JIA.
As I've often stated, my JIA is now held together with duct tape and a
rubber band.  I cracked the binding after the first three months (Dover
publishing is about the only publisher that I know of that sews the
paperback pages in "signatures" then glues them to the spine so that this
doesn't happen)!

BTW - as an exercise, you might want to try what you just did with the API
from the command line using just the Jess language, and see which one is
easier to do.

Cheers,
Jason

Jason Morris