I think Felix Bachmann wrote:

> Would it be possible to only mark something as an error if the dependent
> definition is wrong and not is something in the dependent file is wrong.

That's a good observation. Basically what JessDE does for dependencies
is call the moral equivalent of "batch" on them. If an error is
encountered, then "batch" throws an exception, and no more of the
dependency is read.  But you're right, it shouldn't work that way at
all; the dependencies should be parsed the same way the edited file
is, so that errors don't halt the parse.

Speaking of dependencies: I think I've hit on a better way to do
things that solves all the problems we've had. We're going to have
"require" and "provide" functions as in Lisp; see
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/elisp-manual/html_node/elisp_201.html
for a good document that describes the semantics. This fixes the
problem that the dependencies should be stored with the files; it
fixes the issue with files being read more than once; and it makes the
hidden-off-to-the-side "Source Dependencies" thing explicit. So all in
all I think this is a good solution.

But of course, the implementation of "require" used in the JessDE
behave as you've suggested above!