Jess 7.0 also provides a way to create rules via XML (JessML) which,
depending on your requirements, may be the easiest (and possibly the
slowest) way to go.

See:

   jess.xml.JessSAXParser

and:

   Jess70a4\examples\xml\sticks
   Jess70a4\examples\xml\mab

I've not used this feature (yet) but I suspect it works as advertised.

Good luck!

alan