Felix,

You have not given us much information about your problem so we will need more
detailed information before we can help you.

In general:

1) If you have one thread that has called the Rete#runUntilHalt() method,
calling the halt() method (on another thread), or having one of your Jess
rules/functions call the (halt) function, will cause the first thread to exit
the #runUntilHalt() method.

2) Since the Rete class and it's methods are thread-safe, you don't need to
halt the firing of Jess rules while you are asserting facts. If you are getting
unexpected results, your rules might need to be rewritten to protect themselves
against firing when only some of your facts have been asserted.

3) Many people use Jess without calling the Rete#runUntilHalt() method. If this
applies to you, just assert your facts, call Rete#run(), get your results as
needed, assert more facts, call Rete#run(), etc. etc.

4) Use the (watch) function to help debug your rules.

Please send more information about your specific problem and we will try to
help.

alan