I have described my plan to have a "two perspective" RCP application based on Eclipse that will have one perspective for the end user, who is generally a nurse at an ICU bedside, and another perspective that is aimed at an investigator who is developing and tweaking rules. In developing decision support tools for the ICU environment, there is a lot of iteration that is required because of the complexity of the situation and difficulty in good knowledge engineering from these personnel. We are using these types of decision support tools to help improve NIH funded clinical trials, etc.

My plan is to use the Jess development plugins as part of this second perspective, so that these users would have the advantage of using the Jess editor. Are there any problems with this approach (legal or technical)? I can recreate a generic text editor but that seems dumb.

- Mike